January 8, 2013

Push yourself to your limits, and go beyond them

This photo from boston.com reminded me of an old plan that's been put off for a while.
The past year was full of changes. I hope in the future I'll able to do this race, but until then I will push myself in different ways.
 
A race that follows in the path of the famous explorer Roald Amundsen brings the contestants to the Hardangervidda Mountainplateu, Norway. 100km across the plateau, the exact same route Amundsen used to prepare for his South Pole expedition in 1911 is still used by explorers today. Amundsen did not manage to cross the plateau and had to turn back because of bad weather. He allegedly said that the attempt to cross Hardangervidda was just as dangerous and hard as the conquering of the South Pole.

No comments: