September 29, 2012

Social Gifting is taking off like a Rocket

I've been following the Social Gifting space over the past year, and even though its still in its early stages, millions of venture capital has been invested. Social Gifting is the perfect intersection of three super hot trends: gift cards, social networks and mobile:
  • Gift cards: Big brands like them because they don't "cheapen" the brand/product in the mind of consumers (contrary to daily deals). 
  • Social networks: People love to share and let others know. Giving and gifts are social by nature.
  • Mobile: Our mobile phones are with us all the way through our path to the purchase counter.
I'm absolutely certain that within the next 12 months digital gifting is going to explode, exceeding the growth levels we witnessed with group buying.

I've put together I presentation, to help me better understand the opportunity, the players and hopefully find a niche for my own project. Don't want to give away to much, but in this process we need to give value to the gift giver. What does he get out of it?

I've been hesitant, but someone reminded me to "strike when the iron is hot"...  I think he's right :)


No comments: