September 21, 2012

Inspire Social Good

















A couple of nights I went to NERD in Cambridge (Microsoft's building), to attend an interesting event about crowd funding.

Many people were there to talk about their efforts and share their experiences to raise money for products and projects, on platforms like kickstarter.
I can't wait to see what will happen next year with the JOBS Act, when individuals will be able to fund companies and take equity in return.

But the real reason I am writing this post is because I was inspired by "Inspire Social Good", which was on a wristband given to me by one of the companies with a stand. The guys behind it created Altruhelp.com, which is changing how people get involved to help non-profits, making it easy to find each other. What's great is that companies can also get involved and align their corporate social responsibility based on what their customers & employees support.

I really enjoyed speaking to them. Young fresh minds, full of ideas and turning them into reality! Refreshing!

No comments: