July 14, 2012

Managing your cloud spend was a full-time job






















The other day my partner came into my office waving a credit card statement, asking about some charges for online services. Usually I spend the money and he tries to save some, works pretty well :-)

When I go to work everyday, I write on piece of paper what is the most important thing I need to do for the day, but running a start-up is difficult and instead of doing what's important, sometimes you're doing other things.
 
A couple of days ago I signed up to cloudability.com, still using the free version, but I think it might solve my problem. We use a lot of services in the cloud. We use them for our servers, our email, managing customer relationships, providing customer support, email marketing, accounting, managing forms, everything and anything you can imagine needed to run a business. Keeping track of what you're using and spending on these services is a full-time job.

A few months back @jasonnazar said:
[...] everyday you should be doing the one thing that will be lead to 99% of the success you need, the most important thing that will make the biggest difference for your company.

Maybe cloudability can help a little, so I can do that one thing, everyday!

No comments: